This position is responsible for promoting and supporting safety culture at the organizations manufacturing location in Gap, PA as well as to monitor it’s field projects. The Safety Manager is a key member of management in helping the organization achieves its goals, develop programs and monitor results.
- Expand, promote, and support the organizations safety culture through employee engagement and participation.
- Represent the organization in pre-construction and pre-bid meetings. Assist estimators in determining compliance costs for projects.
- Assist in the development of job-specific site safety plans; lift plans and similar construction-related safety planning documentation.
- Represent the organization with owners, owner’s representative, project managers and enforcement agencies.
- Maintain and provide effective and compliant training programs for the organizations employees and maintain training documentation.
- Regularly interact with department supervisors and managers to assure that they are receiving the support and information they need to create and maintain a safe workplace.
- Assist the implementation and administration of the organization’s written safety and health policy. Assist with and support Job Hazard Analysis System.
- Provide on-site evaluations of projects and manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with investigations of incidents and administer return to work programs.
- Assure compliance with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, DOT, DEP, and EPA.
- Provide a broad perspective on risk management and control
- Human Resources for all personnel needs
- Accounting for weekly and monthly KPIs
- Project Managers (PM) for weekly project planning
- Quality Control (QC) for manufacturing and construction quality reports and concerns
- Engineering for problem solving
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to engage the workforce around safety, promote effective processes and strengthen the safety culture.
- Ability to work with a broad cross-section of employees and external safety professionals.
- Ability to solve the complex problems, which allow the company to be flexible assuring personal safety and regulatory compliance.
- Detailed and organized in administering programs maintaining documents.
- The ability to develop written programs and policies, which are well written, succinct, effective, and compliant.
- Dynamic and effective trainer. (OSHA – authorized trainer is a benefit)
- Strong command of OSHA regulations for both general industry and construction. If weak on one side, it should be manufacturing vs. construction.
- Safety Management systems and culture building.
- Industrial hygiene/noise, OHSA’s VPP Programs
- Experience with environmental compliance regulations. Ideally will have experience with DOT compliance requirements.
- This individual will have good experience in one or more of these industries: Precast concrete, construction, or other heavy manufacturing.
- Hands on experience with industrial equipment (e.g. aerial lifts, forklifts, rigging). Would be beneficial.
- 5 years experience in occupational safety and health
- BS or MS in Safety Sciences or a closely related field is expected, but others with strong experience and continuing education will be considered.
- 5 years of experience in occupational safety and health
- Must have valid drivers license and means of transportation that is reliable
- Certification as CSP preferred, ASP, CHST, OHST are beneficial, If CSP is not held.
- Qualification as an instructor in First Aid and CPR is beneficial
- Authorization as an OSHA instructor for construction is beneficial
- This position will spend time in plant operations and on active job sites. This will require navigation of uneven, sometimes muddy and included surfaces. Ladder climbing, use of fall protection and maneuvering around a construction operation is necessary.
- The ability to lift up to 40-50 lbs. on occasion may be required.
- Visual acuity to allow for the inspection and evaluation of working conductions is required.
- This position could result in occasional exposures to dusts, vapors and noise.
Interested persons can submit a resume to Mr. Stephen Grosh at Dutchland at:firstname.lastname@example.org.